Senior Data Engineer
Location: Aarhus or Brande, Denmark
Do you want to build and enhance the foundation for BESTSELLER’s Data & Analytics setup? And do you thrive in a data-rich environment in the field between business, data and digital solutions?
Then we have a great job opportunity for you. We need you as our new Senior Data Engineer to take the lead and develop the best data-driven solutions to the business.
We want to develop a world class solution on our multi cloud tech-stack
We are a new unit in BESTSELLER, and we are established due to the high demand from our business. Our fashion brands need our help to improve their business and minimize their environmental impact. We actively drive the data agenda in BESTSELLER, where we create tools that automate and augment decisions with digital solutions, data, and AI. Our current platform consists of a traditional Microsoft stack, with all new development being done in Azure. Here future development will be on DataBricks, ADF, Data Lake and other components needed to solve our use-cases. Furthermore, we run specific services in AWS and GCP when needed.
You will be part of our Data & Analytics department consisting of 25 colleagues who all share the same passion for data. From the moment you enter our door you will experience an extraordinary amount of positive energy in our team and the passion for our work is impossible for us to hide. We want to succeed and most importantly we do.
As our Senior Data Engineer, you help us set the direction and continue building the best possible Data & Analytics solution for BESTSELLER. You work closely with key stakeholders across our brands to create the solution that enables the business to become better. You will be working continuously to improve our setup and ensuring stability working with the BI stack from Microsoft, delivering the data foundation for our front-end developers - and in the end the business user. More specifically, your work involves:
- Taking the technical lead and coordinating development work with a team of developers
- Converting business requirements into technical design that can be developed by junior developers or partners
- Continually enhancing best practice and enabling automation in testing as well as monitoring.
- You will experience an atmosphere that is more like that of a start-up than an IT department with hundreds of colleagues
- We have rapid decision processes, there is room for experimenting with new technologies, and we move fast from idea to execution
- You will have great opportunities to learn new skills and work in an international environment with different cultures
- We are a new organisational unit, and therefore you will have the chance to influence our culture and tools.
Most importantly, you feel the same passion for delivering top class data and analytics solutions to our business as we do. People recognize you as a team player, with the ability to communicate complex messages to those you collaborate with. Naturally you have a high level of technical competence. You probably have a relevant educational background within Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or Information Management. Preferably this is backed up by knowledge about working with DevOps in an agile environment. Furthermore, you have the following qualifications:
- 3 years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Developer or Backend SW Developer
- Track record of scoping, designing and building enterprise grade data platforms
- Practical knowledge about data modelling of Data Lakes & Data Warehouses, designing data pipelines and ETL jobs
- Proven experience with the Microsoft BI Stack including ADF, DataLake, SQL Server
- Proven experience with SQL or Python. C# is a plus
- Experience with Retail, Marketing or E-commerce perspective is a plus.
We look forward to hearing from you
If you have any questions about the position, feel free to reach out to Head of Data and Analytics Uffe Aller on +45 30853272. Please send us your CV and application as soon as possible and no later than September 28th 2021. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to take down the ad before the application deadline if we find the right candidate.
You will be working primarily out of either Aarhus or Brande with occasional meetings at the opposite location from time to time.
At BESTSELLER, we are more than 15,000 people in 38 different countries working for over 20 fashion brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT, NOISY MAY and Y.A.S. We are a family-owned company with a strong foundation and values to build on, empowering us to pursue the ideas we believe in to take BESTSELLER forward. We are committed to diversity and provide equal opportunities for everyone, irrespective of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We strive to create an empowering environment where people can thrive and develop. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.
Come work with us
We are continuously on the lookout for new talented and committed colleagues, so we are very pleased to receive lots of applications from candidates who are eager to join our company.
To ensure the best starting point for the recruitment process, here is some good advice that can help you write a targeted application.