Head of Business Development
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Do you have the business acumen, personal drive and communication skills required to support Executive Management? Can you drive change across the organisation? Then you might be our new Head of Business Development!
In BESTSELLER we take nothing for granted and take pride in constantly developing our business. We are a global, ambitious and fast-paced organisation, consisting of a range of brands, creating a dynamic environment. We dare to think long-term, yet we always want to see results. Business Development supports our Executive Management in ensuring the required direction, priorities and execution on strategic initiatives across the organisation.
As Head of Business Development, you lead the Business Development department, and provide strategic support to our Executive Management. Consequently, you assume both the role of leader, facilitator and sparring partner.
More specifically, your responsibilities fall into two main categories:
Providing Strategic Executive Support
- Provide executive advice and support, primarily towards the CEO on various strategic priorities and tasks on an ongoing basis
- Facilitate regular executive team meetings, ensuring that they are in line with the current priorities and required focus areas
- Proactively follow up on projects, initiatives or decisions, which require the CEO's attention.
Heading the Business Development Department
- Lead a team of dedicated project managers in Business Development, executing strategic projects across BESTSELLER
- Set the strategic direction for cross-organisational projects, driven by Business Development on behalf of Executive Management, including participating in various steering committees etc.
- Support teams in removing roadblocks and ensuring on-time and scope project deliveries
- Stakeholder management and change agent during project execution and roll-out.
This role calls for a driven, communicative, and strategic profile with profound leadership skills. You are used to navigating in a fast-paced environment, which puts demands on your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time, and delegate tasks effectively. You are a master of time management, and prioritising your work according to urgency and importance. You are structured, and take great pride in delivering on time and in the right quality – consequently, you do not let go of a problem until it is solved. You pay attention to detail, and will go to great lengths to generate results. Based on solid analysis, you build strong arguments, and you are not afraid of speaking your mind.
You are a true people person, skilled at establishing relationships with stakeholders at all levels. You approach colleagues from various parts of the organisation with the required humbleness and curiosity to understand their area of responsibility, yet we expect you to deliver and create strong results. As a person, you are characterised by a high personal drive, a positive attitude and determination to put your all into getting the job done. In addition, you have a high degree of flexibility towards working hours and tasks.
We value a candid environment, where we ‘fight’ as a team to deliver progress and results, and we expect you to contribute with a great spirit and positive energy.
You further have:
- A proven track record of results from strategy consulting or a similar function in a large, international organisation
- Experience working closely with top management
- A solid business and economic understanding, including the ability to rapidly grasp complex business issues and present solutions in a simple and comprehensible manner
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- A relevant Master’s Degree, preferably within business administration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Søren Alnøe on +45 82 38 27 83 or for process related questions Rasmus Kjær on +45 52 15 13 26. Otherwise, please send us your CV and application no later than 10 February 2020. We review applications on an ongoing basis, and are aiming to fill the position as soon as possible.
About BESTSELLER A/S
More than 17,000 people work at BESTSELLER worldwide.
BESTSELLER is a family-owned clothing and accessories company founded in Denmark in 1975, providing fast affordable fashion for women, men, teenagers and children under brands such as JACK & JONES, SELECTED, VERO MODA, ONLY, PIECES, VILA, OBJECT, JUNAROSE, MAMALICIOUS, NAME IT and Y.A.S. Products are available online, in branded chain stores, in multibrand and department stores. For more information, visit www.about.bestseller.com.
Come work with us
We are continuously on the lookout for new talented and committed colleagues, so we are very pleased to receive lots of applications from candidates who are eager to join our company.
To ensure the best starting point for the recruitment process, here is some good advice that can help you write a targeted application.